Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Underdog Fail

I call this blog the Underdog Fail because it is about the movie Cool Runnings which is about a bobsled team from Jamaica who enters into the Olympics and in the end ultimately loses. I think what makes this movie special from other sports movies is the fact that its about bobsledding. It's the first movie about a bobsledding team. What makes it more unique from other sports movies is the fact that in the end the underdog doesnt come out on top like "Hoosiers". I really enjoyed watching this movie but it does not even rank close to other sports movies when it comes to the best. Some people would go as far to say that this movie isnt really a sports movie. Another big reason why I liked this movie is because of John Candy who plays the coach of the bobsled team. John  Candy was a great actor and I feel as though he really brought the movie together. I also liked him in "Uncle Buck". Anyway I really enjoyed watching this movie but I dont really view it as a sports movie I view it as a family fun movie. Its definately not the best sports movie I have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment