Thursday, February 16, 2012
Sports Writing Blog #1
A couple weeks ago I watched the movie Miracle. I had seen parts of it before but had never really watched the full movie. I thought it was a great movie and is now one of my favorite sports movies. My favorite sports movie would probably have to be 61, and then Coach Carter. The movie 61 is my favorite because it is a great baseball movie about the Yankees, and I am a huge Yankee fan. Even though I am not really a hockey fan i really liked the movie Miracle. I thought that coach Brooks was probably one of the best coaches. He did an amazing job with that team to take them that far and to win a gold medal. I really thought it was a great movie and i'm glad we watched it. 2 sundays ago was the super bowl. The super bowl is always a huge day in sports and for the whole country. I'm really neither a Patriots or Giants fan. I really wanted the Patriots to lose because I hate fans around here because no matter what team it is if the win they go nuts and I never here the end of it. Especially if the Red Sox win or if they go further than the Yankees because I am a huge Yankee fan and my friends always give me shit about them when they lose. Its the same thing if the Celtics win or the Bruins. Everyone that lives in Mass roots for a Boston team if they are winning. I call that a band wagon fan. I hate band wagon fans because they only say shit or care about the team when they are winning. Some of my friends are band wagon fans and it really annoys me. No one cared about the bruins last year but since they won the Stanley Cup all of sudden everyone around here is a Bruins fan. It just really pisses me off. So back to the super bowl I was really happy the Giants won so i didnt have to hear all the bullshit by pats fans. I knew the Giants were gonna win when Eli had the ball with a couple minutes left, and especially when he made that huge play that got them down the field. I thought it was stupid for the pats D to let the Giants score, they could have held them to a field goal and they still could have had enough time to get a field goal themselves. I'm glad they did it though because it let the Giants win. Overall it was a good game and I was extremely happy with the outcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment